House Baltimore | Property Owner Engagement Initiative
The House Baltimore initiative is a collaboration between property owners and managers, community members, and homeless service providers in Baltimore City. Through this initiative, housing partners can become House Baltimore members and receive a variety of benefits for renting to households exiting or at risk of homelessness.
Property owners and managers are active partners in solving homelessness and House Baltimore can equip them to operate profitable rental properties while providing housing to our most vulnerable neighbors.
Benefits of Joining House Baltimore
- A dedicated team of housing specialists to support property owners and managers.
- Access to a free, easy-to-use listing platform exclusively accessed by local homeless service providers.
- $2,000 incentive payment per new lease agreement (for the first five units leased, with a possibility for additional incentives if the housing partner offers flexible screening criteria).
- Ability to file a claim for damage and vacancy reimbursement – up to $5000 – per unit for expenses caused by the tenant.
- Wraparound and support services from local homeless services agencies to help ensure housing stability.
Local Homeless Support Agencies
Receive applications from potential tenants supported by homeless service providers. Current providers include:
- House of Ruth Maryland
- Pride Center of Maryland
- Project PLASE, Inc.
- St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore
- Springboard Community Services, Inc.
- TIME Organization, Inc.
How It Works
- Get in Touch!: Complete the House Baltimore Interest Form to tell us about yourself and your property.
- Orientation: Receive an overview from the House Baltimore support team.
- Become A Member: Complete member onboarding package and training.
- List: List your available properties to the House Baltimore listing platform and receive applications from clients exiting homelessness.
- Lease Up: Once the unit has been verified to meet the client’s needs, execute a lease agreement.
- Move In: Confirm move in date with the client and service provider.
- Support: House Baltimore housing specialists and service providers will offer ongoing support to both clients/tenants and property owners/managers.
- Schedule an informational session with a House Baltimore staff member by completing the House Baltimore Interest Form or emailing HouseBaltimoreMOHS@baltimorecity.gov.
- Add properties to the House Baltimore platform
About our Partner - Padmission
Padmission is a web-based platform that powers House Baltimore real estate partners to easily list their vacancies in a free, centralized location. Padmission is a closed inventory and is only accessed by approved users. All applicants applying through House Baltimore bring the incentives of the initiative to their tenancies.
The House Baltimore initiative is an American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funded project. ARPA provided $641 million to the City of Baltimore in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency and its negative economic impacts. Mayor Brandon M. Scott has established the Mayor’s Office of Recovery Programs to transparently and effectively administer this funding on behalf of the City. For additional information, visit the Mayor’s Office of Recovery Programs website.