Baltimore City Strategic Investment – Rapid Re-housing Request for Proposals (RFP)
The funding opportunity for Rapid Re-housing projects is now closed.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021, Public Law 117-2; intended to provide funding for local economic recovery and pandemic response. The Mayor's Office of Homeless Services has received an allocation of $5,663,850 in ARPA funding to support rapid re-housing efforts for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
MOHS developed the Strategic Investment Plan to prioritize the use of key resources, including but not limited to resources provided through ARPA as part of the overall community recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and to support efforts to prevent and end homelessness in Baltimore. The Plan’s primary focus is to achieve the following objectives:
• Rehouse people experiencing homelessness and stabilize people at imminent risk
• Reduce unsheltered homelessness and encampments
• Drive progress toward racial equity
• Enhance partnerships to advance person-centered approaches
The Mayor’s Office of Homeless Services (MOHS) requested project proposals from qualified non-profit organizations that have the capacity to implement and operate Rapid Re-housing in Baltimore City. Applicants must meet the scope of work of the RFP, and must demonstrate the experience and capacity to provide housing and support services. Please note MOHS is looking to select multiple providers to operate rapid re-housing projects.
The timeline is subject to change as needed to meet the goals and priorities of the Continuum of Care. Any changes to the competition process or timeline will be posted to the CoC listserv and MOHS website.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 RFP released
- Friday, June 10, 2022 at 2:00pm Technical Assistance – Bidder’s Conference
- Friday, July 15, 2022 at 4:00pm Application deadline
- July 18 – 29, 2022 Review/Scoring of Proposals
- August 5, 2022 Conditional funding letters
- August 8, 2022 Contracting begins with MOHS
- October 1, 2022 Project start date
- Baltimore City Strategic Investment – Rapid Re-housing Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Project Application
- Project Budget
- Technical Assistance – Bidder’s Conference on Friday, June 10 at 2pm.
- Questions related to this Request for Proposal can be directed to HSP Applications before July 8, 2022.